The woodlot that we tap trees on was originally owned by Ellie Sharp, Boyd's great-grandfather. The maple syrup tradition started in 1934, however ended after a few years due to the passing of Grampie Sharp.
No one in the family continue the tradition until Boyd purchased 1/2 of the original woodlot from his grandparent's Dos and Etta Morse. Boyd later discovered pieces of the old operation and decided to put it all back together in the summer of 1983, collecting the first sap in 1984. The business has grown from 150 taps to over 4,000 taps in the last 30 years.